There are a number of exciting events at St. Finn Barr Catholic School this year -- with your support, the sky’s the limit! Please join us, as we, the St. Finn Barr community, look ahead to a meaningful and enriching school year. Working together, we’ll make it our best!
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Events and Activities
- Athletics Program Clam Chowder Sale, Friday, March 13, 2020 This event to be rescheduled.
- Father-Daughter Dance, Saturday, March 21, 2020 This event to be rescheduled
Mother-Son Dance, Saturday, May 2, 2020Save the date, it's happening! Volunteers and donations will be needed. Info will be posted as soon as it's available.
- Parish Mailings **NEW** Our Parish Rectory needs help preparing mailings to St. Finn Barr Parishioners, which includes a few hours of time to make mailing labels and stuff envelopes for the Easter Offerings (early/mid March). Click here to sign up to help with Parish mailings.
- Parent Liturgy Team **NEW**
Mrs. Mortonson is looking a few parents to form a Parent Liturgy Team to assist with Family Masses. Please contact LaChon Richardson (email@example.com) if you are interested or have any questions.
- Athletics Program Minimum Day Lunch We need three volunteers to help from 10:30AM to 1:00PM with meal prep, clean up, and delivery of lunches to the students on Minimum Days through the end of the school year. Click here to sign up to help with Minimum Day Lunches.
- SFB's Choir Snacks, Week of Monday, March 30, 2020 Our school choir rehearses weekly Thursdays after school under the direction of Mrs. Lilia Patriarca (7th Grade Teacher). They get hungry after their diligent practices! You are welcome to donate snacks to the choir (about 30 people) for parent hours (include a copy of your receipt - 1 hour for every $10 value of donation). Click here to donate choir snacks for the week of February 3rd, as well as to see a list of snack suggestions. Your support and donations are greatly appreciated!
- Extended Care Snacks, Week of Monday, March 30, 2020 Our after care program is running low on snacks. Click here to donate extended care snacks for the week of February 3rd (include a copy of your receipt - 1 hour for every $10 value of donation). We appreciate your donations and help in keeping those active kids nourished!
Other Ways to Help St. Finn Barr Grow
Notify any of the following volunteer leaders to offer your time & talent to a planned event or to an area of need that you have identified:
Donate Labor to Our School Projects
- Artistic Talent (for flyers, banners, etc.)
- Carpet cleaning
- Computer technician
- Electrical work
- Window repair
Every Fully Participating Family is required to meet 30 hours per school year. Parent hours generally are given with a max of 10 family hours per event, including a combination of hours worked and hours for donations (1 hour for every $10 value of donation). Non-Participating Families are exempt from earning hours but are always welcome to volunteer for and donate to school and parish events. Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator if you have any volunteer questions or need alternative ways to earn hours.
When making donations, please attach a copy of your receipt with your name, contact info, and the name of your oldest SFB student/grade.
SFB Volunteer Coordinator (for all other inquiries): Lynda Taschek firstname.lastname@example.org
“Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something.”
– Author Unknown