St. Finn Barr Catholic School is dedicated to meeting the spiritual, academic, physical and emotional needs of every child entrusted to its care. Our community embraces every child’s potential to become an independent thinker, life-long learner and valuable member of a larger community who live Gospel values in the Catholic tradition.
We believe that parents, working in partnership with teachers, are the primary educators of their children.
We believe that the multi-ethnic and multi-cultural diversity of our students fosters a spirit of understanding and caring. Children are encouraged to work together on various projects for the school and community.
Our purpose is Christian education of youth, emphasizing the harmonious development of the spiritual, moral, intellectual, physical, social, and emotional endowments of young boys and girls in accordance with Gospel values. We believe that "The future of humanity lies in the hands of those who are strong enough to provide coming generations with reason for living and hoping." The faculty recognizes the parents as the primary educators responsible for the education of their children and strives to support and complement them in their role.
• Outstanding acceptance record to top quality high schools
• Safe environment promoting self discipline and community
• Expert, nurturing faculty trained in differentiated instruction
• Learning emphasis on critical thinking, inquiry, and project-based learning
• Life skills promoted through artistic expression, healthy living, Spanish language focus
• School Hours: 7:55 a.m. to 3:00 p.m (2pm dismissal on Mondays)
• Extended care: 7:00-7:45 a.m.; immediately after school until 6:00 p.m.
2011-2012 School Year Statistics
· Friends of St. Finn Barr Benefactor’s Society:
o Unrestricted donations from various donors: $4598.40
o Science instructional materials donations: $22K
o McMicking Foundation Grant: $25K towards Technology Plan· Service Learning: Students contributed...
o $2,400 cash to organizations including the March of Dimes, Heifer International, and St. Judes.
o Provided four families with Christmas clothing, toys, and home supplies, four barrels of toys for bay area children in need, along with food to marginalized bay area people, including elderly and homeless populations .
· SFB students distinguished themselves in bay area and San Francisco Archdiocesan contests, from the San Francisco Science Fair to the CYO Athletics, the Catholic Telemedia Network writing contest, and the Elementary Choral Festival.
· St. Finn Barr Parent Community:
o Contributed $53K to school budget, with $13,300 reserved to purchase Ipads for our tech plan
o Renovated the Science Lab with paint and new floors
o Tuition Assistance = TOTAL $147,000
· Private tuition assistance grants: $4500
· AMDCS (Alliance): $15,000
· Basic Fund: $75K
· Archdiocese Family Grants: $36, 400
· Guardsmen: $4,000
· Most Holy Redeemer Parish $10,000