· 2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 cup shortening
· ½ cup water
1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Then with clean hands cut in shortening until mixture coarse crumbs. Stir in water until mixture forms a ball. Divide dough in half, and shape into balls.
2. Roll out dough on a floured counter. Don’t over work it. Roll out the dough really thin and cut into circles to slide into a cupcake pan. Add pie filling and then cover the top of pie with strips of laced dough.
3. Some people brush the laced dough with egg whites this is optional.
4. Cook at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Apple Pie Filling
· 1 cup water
· 1 Tablespoon lemon Juice
· 1 cup sugar
· ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
· ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
· ¼ ground clove
· ¼ cup cornstarch
· ¼ teaspoon vanilla
· 6 cups apples, cored, peeled and chopped
1. In a large saucepan, combine water, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, cornstarch and apples. Stir over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
2. Cool and put into pie crust.